Friday, March 17, 2006

cravings and other updates

I've been craving two things for the past couple of days:

Spare ribs and Tenley.

Independent of one another, come on people...

I have a decent explanation for the one. Having been pretty lazy for the past year or so, I started exercising in earnest this week, and along with that made some changes to my diet. I think I probably haven't been getting enough protein. Give me another month and a half and I'll be in shape, I mean it.

As for the other, I really don't know. Last night at the bar, I even had to hand my cell over to Dave Faris. I will not, I repeat, NOT start drunk dialing again. [As an aside, it has been verified that, somehow or another, I manage to be uniformly endearing when I drink and dial. It's a gift.] Made it through the bulk of today just fine, but as night set in, there it was.

Understand, this isn't pining. I don't want to get back together with her. I honestly mean it when I say we're done. But regardless, I can't shake it. I keep seeing reminders of little things and, frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

In other news, I've "found" some great music recently. I've been listening to a lot of Whiskeytown, Old Crow Medicine Show, and Iron & Wine. Yes, I realize that everyone else knew about these bands 2 years ago. But no one ever tells me anything.

Oh, and I lost my entire online bankroll in the past two weeks. It happens. I've decided to start small and slowly rebuild. This is definitely one of those times I'm glad I didn't decide to make it a full-time profession.

That's pretty much all the news. Oh, the MCSEA reunion was great, thanks to everyone who made the trip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home